18.9.13

New Mixed Media Painting { Spirit }

Here is my latest piece...
 
{Spirit ~ 24"x20" graphite and acrylic painting on wood}
I often get images in my head of what I want to create, sometimes there is an immediate story that accompanies the image and other times there isn't. When there isn't a story right away there is usually a stirring inside of me, like a nudging telling me to find what the piece is supposed to mean. On this piece, I knew I wanted a mostly white space with a light, dreamy horse emerging. When the artwork was almost complete I felt pushed to look into the bible for a verse that would go along with the image. Sure enough, this is what I found...

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse,
whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.
Revelation 19:11

No comments: